Qfuse Blog - QR Code, NFC, and Mobile Marketing News
QR Code Facts: (Almost) Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About QR Codes
Posted on by Chad Dorman
- There are two types of QR Codes: Static QR Code and Dynamic QR Code.
- Static QR Codes→ What are they?
- Static QR Code encodes info after it is generated
- Once the code set it cannot be changed
- Dynamic QR Codes→ What are they?
- Unlike Static QR Codes, Dynamic QR Codes are changeable. You make edit and change the Code whenever you would like
- Where did QR originate?
- Denso Wave, a Japanese company, created the QR code in 1994
- What was the original purpose of the QR Code?
- Denso Wave was a company in the automotive industry and the original purpose of the QR code was to track vehicles during manufacturing
- QR Codes are used for
- Transport Ticketing
- and More!
- QR codes are literally everywhere these days!
- Grocery stores, book stores, malls, MLB games, the snack bar at the beach… you name it, there’s a great change a QR Code is associated with it!
- QR Code Random Notes:
- QR Code represent data in four modes like- Numeric, Alphanumeric, Byte and Kanji
- You can scan a QR Code from any direction for 360 degrees
- QR Codes can hold a hundred times more information than a barcode.
- Audi created the largest QR Code which was of 159 square meters.
- QR Codes don’t have to simply be black and white! They can be in different colors like red or green.
- Print media accounts for only 1% of all scanned QR codes.
- A QR Code can be decoded even after up to 30% of damage
- Over one-fourth of all scanned QR codes were scanned by 35-44 year old consumers.
- QR codes can be password protected to prevent unwanted people from using your QR code
Wanna Try Our QR Code Platform For Free?