Top 10 Reasons Mobile is More Important than Ever for Your BusinessPosted on by Timothy Boyle
This figure isn’t slowing down; soon a super majority of Americans will own smartphones.
2) Over 1.2 billion people access the web from their mobile devices.
Obviously as more people own smartphones, as people switch more from desktop to mobile, and as businesses move to spend more resources on mobile, this number will dramatically increase as well.
3) Global mobile traffic now accounts for 15% of all Internet traffic.
For the same reason as above this number is only going to continue to grow, particularly in less developed countries where they simply skipped over the personal computer phase and went right to mobile as a much more convenient and inexpensive tool to access the internet.
4) 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a good mobile experience.
No one wants to be directed to a desktop site on their smartphone, or a mobile site that doesn’t provide them with the information they actually want. Make sure you have a mobile optimized site that contains only the information people would want who are searching on their mobile device, and of course make it look pretty.
5) 60% of mobile shoppers use their smartphones while in a store, and another 50% while on their way to a store.
Consumers do the former in order to price check and value check and the latter to help search for products and services they are looking to find, so make sure you utilize your mobile to catch or defend against these price checking and catch people looking for the product or service you sell.
6) Almost half a billion tablets will ship in 2013 and 2014 alone.
That’s a lot of tablets. Better get ready for the consumers using this new platform to access the internet.
7) Tablet users spend 50% more than PC users.
As if the stat above wasn’t enough to convince you to become tablet optimized, this should certainly tilt the scales.
8) Mobile-based searches make up one quarter of all searches.
This is only likely to grow in the coming years, so you had better be pumping resources into mobile advertising and mobile optimization.
9) 95% of smartphone users have searched for local info.
This means you need to ensure your mobile ads are very targeted based on location, and if you are a small local retailer this is where you can ensure your targeted mobile advertising gets the most bang for your buck.
10) Mobile web adoption is growing 8 times faster than web adoption did in the 90’s and 00’s.
This technology is spreading fast in the US and globally. You had better get on board, and fast or you may be left behind.